MUSEUM & TEMPLE OF PACHACAMAC
Tour to the Ruins of Pachacamac
An unforgettable archaeological and mystical experience: Oracle, Temples, Palaces, Myths and Legends
This comprehensive sightseeing tour will give you an insight into the culture, history and architecture of both the incan and pre-inca people.
For a half-day trip, it’s about 60 minutes southeast of Lima, in the valley of the Río Lurín. Here is the ancient city of Pachacamac, named after the eponymous Creator of the Universe. When the Spanish conquerors arrived in Peru, the city of Pachacamac had existed for more than 1,000 years. In the history of the time, the temple city is in the period of Wari culture (about 600-800 AD) and apparently created as an administrative location. The Wari influences are clearly evident in the architecture that can be found here, as well as in the variety of textiles found in the area and the type of pottery found in grave goods. When the Wari empire came to an end, Pachacamac was, despite everything, further expanded and continued to grow until it itself became a separate empire. Most temples and other buildings on the site date from about 800-1440a.chr.. When the inca empire was under construction, the Pachacamac empire was already destroyed. In the vast valleys of the Rio Rímac and Rio Lurín rivers lived the Ichma people. Scientists believe that Pachacamac served as a religious center. So you can the e.g. Recognize the red colors of the temple walls, which indicates a higher level of priesthood and nobility. Later, when the Ichma empire merged with the Inca empire, Pachacamac became a special center of the Inca administration, but remained a temple city. The priests of Pachacamac could pursue their affairs regardless of the predominance of the inca priests. In the era of the inca, 5 other large buildings were built from mud bricks. So also includes the sun temple on the main square.
Let your imagination run wild and imagine if you were a pre-columbian pilgrim visiting the temple city in search of help and advice. The most famous temples of the complex are dedicated to the sun and the moon. According to the scientists, the temple of the Sun was made from an estimated 50 million adobe bricks.
Enjoy the panoramic view over the flat desert land, in the middle of which Lima and Pachacamac are located. The pacific ocean is slightly farther west behind the in sight. Many of the pyramids were damaged by floods, droughts and earthquakes that hit Peru again and again.
Adults USD 55,00 / Children 3-7 years USD 22,00
- Tourist transport with professional driver.
- Official Tourism Guide.
- Spanish-English Bilingual Service.
- Entrance Ticket.
- Guides and drivers intercommunicated by Cellular Service.
- All our Units have Insurance Policies.
- Pick up from Miraflores, San Isidro and Lima Hotels.
CLAUSES TO CONSIDER
- Rates are subject to hotel availability.
- Rates do not include air and / or bus tickets.
- To make reservations you must send the following information:
- Name last Name,
- ID or Passport Number,
- Contact phone number.
- Hotel and selected room type.
- Rates already have discounts for cash payments. For card payments (credit or debit), a surcharge of 5% of the fee to be paid by card is made.
- Rates valid for any date except holidays.
- NO SHOW (not showing up to take the service) is considered 100% non-refundable, no refund will be considered.
- CANCELLATIONS: Within 15 days prior to the date of the trip it is considered a 100% penalty, that is, no refund will be considered.
- CANCELLATIONS: Made 16 days to 31 days prior to the date of the trip, 30% of Administrative Expenses + the corresponding penalties are considered according to the internal policies of each provider involved.
- CANCELLATIONS: Made from 32 days to more prior to the date of the trip, 20% of Administrative Expenses + the corresponding penalties are considered according to the internal policies of each provider involved.
- Once the sale is closed, any modification or correction is subject to 10% per administrative expenses fee + the corresponding penalties or tariff differences according to the internal policies of each supplier involved.
- Until the payment is notified, we do not have proof of it, therefore the reservation can be dropped from the system if the established deadline expires. Our company disclaims any responsibility for problems arising from payments that are not duly notified, even if they have been made within the granted period.
- The aforementioned Cancellation and Modification Policies can be modified during the high season period, according to the requirement of our suppliers, we suggest that before closing the sale, ask for information.
- If you require a ticket or invoice, please indicate it via e-mail before proceeding to close the sale; take into account that the IGV will have to be added for the services in which it has not been considered.
AlemaPE-Tours S.A.C. only acts as an intermediary between the entities that provide the package and / or tourist services contracted; being solely and exclusively responsible for their organization. Therefore, the USER cannot impute responsibility to AlemaPE-Tours S.A.C. for those causes that are outside its competence. AlemaPE-Tours S.A.C. is not responsible for any damage or delay arising from circumstances beyond its control. These circumstances include, but are not limited to fortuitous causes: natural disasters such as earthquakes, cyclones, storms, hurricanes, floods, fog, etc. As well as causes of force majeure: wars, accidents, strikes, riots, demonstrations or civil commotion etc. And any loss, damage, accident or any other irregularity that could occur to the END USER.