Countryside Tour & Sabandia Mill
About the Sabandia Mill
Constructed in 1785, it represents the typical architecture of the region from this period, in which the use of white sillar rock predominates. The building itself is at its best thanks to its solid supports and rustic balconies. It is not by chance that most of the wedding photos are made here at this mill, in the beautifully landscaped garden and by the passing small waterfall, which is really picturesque. Every time we visit this beautifully landscaped mill, we’ve always had to wait for photos, because the professional photographers often place brides and grooms in different poses and also provide different costumes.
Stone grinding wheel techniques for wheat processing can also be viewed here. Most recently, the building was restored in 1973. The hotel is 8 kilometers away from the center of Arequipa, which in good times can be reached in about 20 minutes by car. The city of Sabandia itself can also be described rather succinctly: Large terraces and three volcanoes, the Misti, the Chachani and the Pichu Pichu surround the traditional city. Some of the houses still retain the characteristic styles of the viceroyalty or nineteenth-century republicanism. Located in the catchment area of Arequipa, it is a recreational area with two swimming pools that use the cold river water of the surrounding area.
What you expect
Explore the beautiful surroundings of Arequipa on a half-day private tour of the lush countryside. Gain insights into the agricultural history of the region with a private tour guide; visit the various agricultural terraces of Paucarpata; and visit a large colonial house belonging to the founder of Arequipa. Transportation in a comfortable and air conditioned minivan is provided for your comfort.
Depart from your hotel in Arequipa in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan to begin your journey into the green heart of the Peruvian countryside. Start in the picturesque district of Paucarpata, where traditional farming practices are still practiced; Listen to the captivating commentary of your guide as you gain insights into inca agricultural practices.
- 3.5-hour private tour of the Arequipa countryside with an experienced tour guide
- Admire the Pre-Inca farms in the Paucarpata district
- Visit and learn more about the 18th century Sabandia mill Link
- Explore the restored colonial-era colonial villa
- Admire the Rio Chili in the former resort of Tingo
- Choice in the morning or afternoon
Please contact us to get the price of this tour
Your guide will be waiting for you at the Marina Turistica in Paracas - very close to the Café Blanco y Negro. Mondays to Fridays from 3 am
Approx. 15 hours
Group Size Minimum
About 5 persons
Level of Difficulty
- Private tour guide, English
- Private transport
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips (optional)
- Clothes for different weather conditions (warm, cold or rainy weather)
- Sun hat, cap and sunscreen as well as your camera
- The prices are for all participants; no discounts for children
- Children can only be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for people with mobility problems, walker or wheelchair
- Tour ends with the return to the original starting point
Cancellations made at least 7 days before the scheduled tour date will incur no cancellation fees. Cancellations made 3 days before the scheduled date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.