CHOCO MUSEUM IN MIRAFLORES
Bean to bar Workshop – Design your own chocolates
Choco Museum was designed to share our knowledge to people who show an interest. They like it to be personal with you, with direct interaction between staff and you.
We are often asked if they are a non-profit organization. Well, they are not. But yes, they have things in common, like passion, the spirit of sharing, pride in their work and doing their best.
Learn how to make your own chocolate in a 2-hour workshop at ChocoMuseo in Lima. This is a hands-on activity that starts from the cocoa tree to the finished product at every step of the entire chocolate manufacturing process. Also, discover the history of cocoa and the reasons why Peru is known for its fine chocolates!
That is what you awaits
Learn how to make your own chocolate during this interactive tour through the museum and chocolate workshop. Our professional guides will explain how to make chocolate from bean to bar. Understand the story behind famous cocoa beans and how Peru made some of the best chocolates in the world.
During the workshop, you will get to know the different steps of the chocolate making process and participate in 4 of them: roasting the cocoa beans, removing the cacao pod, grinding the cocoa nibs on a metat with a mano and refining the cocoa mass in a melangeur.
Finally, you will prepare and enjoy delicious hot chocolates. In addition, create your own chocolates with your selection of ingredients. You can leave with all your handmade chocolates, unless you’ve already eaten them!
Thanks for presentations to Choco Museum in Miraflores.
Children(<12): USD 20.00 Adults: USD 25,00
Everyday: 9:30am, 11:30am, 2:30pm and 5:30pm
Aprox. 2 hours
- Learning all the chocolate making process, starting from the cacao tree in the jungle
- Learning the origin of chocolate, and its history
- Making your own chocolates (120 g) with milk or dark chocolate and more than 15 different flavorings
- Personal costs
- Tips (otional)
Meeting point for all interested persons is:
- From the bean to the bar - Chocolate workshop at ChocoMuseo in Miraflores, Lima.
- You’ll make your chocolates right from the cacao bean
- You’ll prepare and try drinks like the Maya and Conquistadores used to
- You'll leave with your own handmade chocolates, customized the way you like them, and bring them back to your friends and family
- Available in English and Spanish