Palomino Island Boattour plus swimming with sea lions
About the trip
The Palomino islands are a small archipelago off Callao. On them live about 5000 mane seals and plenty of sea birds. They belong to 22 islands along the peruvian coast, to which p.ej. the Islas Ballestas, which are particularly protected as Reserva Nacional Sistema de Islas, Islotes and Puntas Guaneras.
These four small islands are located about 10 kilometers from the port of Callao and are located east of San Lorenzo islands. The area covers 16.3 hectares of land and 5139 hectares of water. On the way to the islands you can also see the former prison El Frontón island. The islands rise to a maximum of 14.5 meters above sea level. Due to the large number of birds that live there, there is also plenty of guano here.
Right on the shores of one of South America’s largest cities lies one of the world’s most diverse marine ecospheres. Explore Lima for a day and then visit the Palomino islands, where you can see penguins and swim with sea lions.
The Ballestas Islands, off the coast of Paracas in southern Peru, were called the “Poor Galapagos”, but what people do not know is that off the coast of Lima lies another group of biologically significant islands that are full of life, Islas Palomino is just a short boat ride from the port of Callao. Here nature lovers will find everything they could wish for and it is not nearly as expensive as other peruvian island tours.
What are the Palomino Islands?
This small island group off the coast of Lima offers visitors an insight into the rich marine life along the peruvian coast. Take a tour to see the different species of birds and sea lions that have been providing more tourism lately – the island’s location near the capital is ideal for travelers.
Dont forget to take your camera with you
Bring your camera with you, as you will come into close contact with the underwater world of Peru: sea lions, penguins, exotic birds and, if you are lucky, even dolphins. The city of Lima is covered in gray fog most of the year, so you can expect it to be quite cold on your tour with visibility that is not always the best. When the sun is shining bring a hat and sunscreen – if it seems, it seems strong.
The Swimming Tour
If you really want to experience the full Palomino experience, why not go swimming with sea lions? Excursions can be arranged to visit a swimming party with small sea lion pups. For those who love animals and dogs, this is an unforgettable offer.
Enjoy a fascinating boat trip to the Palomino islands opposite the city of Lima. Learn about its interesting history, dive into the water and swim with the strange and friendly sea lions. In addition, you can experience many birds and even penguins in their natural environment. Your tour includes transportation and a professional tour guide.
What you expect
The tour starts in the morning when your driver and guide will pick you up at your hotel in Lima and take you to the port of Callao. There you board a boat and drive to the Palomino islands.
During the boat tour you have the opportunity to observe many seabirds, eg. Pelicans, on the Inca terns, guano gannets, colorful tusks, cormorants and occasionally Humboldt penguins. After reaching the Palomino islands you will get a diving suit and life jacket and enjoy a wonderful swim in the Pacific with sea lions! This is a very special experience and ideal for families. The sea lions are friendly animals; you are welcome to approach them. They must not touch you. Just enjoy seeing them in their natural habitat and being close to them.
- Island tour Boat trip and swim with the sea lions
- Sail aboard a yacht to the Palomino islands and more
- Get up close and personal with regional marine life and birdlife
- Wear a wetsuit to swim near playful sea lions in the pacific
- Private hotel transfer included
Level of Difficulty
- All taxes, fees and processing fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Leadership in a small group
- Sightseeing boat trip
- Wetsuit and life jacket
- Transfer from and to the hotel
- Private roundtrip transfer
- Tips (Optional)
- Pick up from the airport is not included in the price
- You will receive the confirmation at the same time if you book at least two days before the appointment. Thereafter, if the offer is still bookable, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The prices are for all participants; no discounts for children
- At least two people are required per booking
- The tour takes place in any weather. Please dress accordingly
- Note: It is recommended that you do not wear jewelry and use biodegradable sunscreen
- Important: Transfer from / to Lima airport not included in the price
- Wear warm sports clothing, depending on weather conditions
- Wear bathing suit under it if you want to swim and bring a towel with you
- Bring your hat and sunscreen
- Have a light breakfast
- Not suitable for people with rollator or wheelchair
- Tour ends with the return to the original starting point
Cancellations made at least 7 days before the scheduled tour date will incur no cancellation fees. Cancellations made 3 days before the scheduled date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.