Explore Arequipa with its many historic sights and attractions on a 3.5-hour sightseeing tour of the city. An experienced and knowledgeable tour guide will take you by air-conditioned bus to spectacular vantage points such as the Mirador de Yanahuara and take you through some of Arequipa’s most exquisite colonial districts – including Yanaahuara and St. Lazarus. They also visit the Santa Catalina Monastery, which was closed to the public for almost 400 years.
What you expect
After picking you up at your hotel in Arequipa, embark on an air-conditioned coach to explore the white city (Ciudad Blanca).
Stop first in the district of St. Lazarus, where Arequipa was founded. Stroll through beautiful streets with flowers and historic houses. At the Carmen Alto viewpoint, stop to enjoy the views and photo opportunities of the surrounding farmland, framed by the Pichu Pichu, Cachani and Misti volcanoes.
See the Andalusian churches and buildings in the colonial district of Yanahuara. The white buildings here are from Sillar, a volcanic rock that gave the White City its nickname. Stop at another popular lookout point, El Mirador de Yanahuara.
Continue to the Monastery of Saint Catherine, a Dominican religious place that has been closed to the public for more than 4 centuries. Stroll through the peaceful plazas, narrow streets and lush gardens of the nunnery.
Visit the Basilica of Arequipa in the 16th-century Plaza de Armas. Learn more about the history of the structure from your tour guide and then visit the cloisters of the Jesuit Church (Iglesia de los Jesuita).
At the end of your 3.5 hour city tour you will return to your hotel.
- 3.5-hour City Tour of Arequipa
- See the main attractions such as the Cathedral of Arequipa
- Admire the pearl-colored buildings that give the city its nickname – the White City
Starting point: The tour starts in downtown Arequipa
Departure times: 14:00
Return Details: You return to the starting point
Duration: About 3.5 hours
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Entrance fees
- Professional tour guide, English
- Pick up and return to your hotel in Arequipa
Not included services
- Personal expenses
- Meals and beverages
- Tips (Optional)
- You will receive confirmation of the booking at the time
- Note: Admission to religious places in shorts is not allowed; please wear long pants or a long skirt
- The prices are for all participants; no discounts for children
- Children can only be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for people with mobility problems, walker or wheelchair
Cancellations made at least 7 days before the scheduled tour date will incur no cancellation fees. Cancellations made 3 days before the scheduled date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.