As a reminder, the safe destinations recognized with the Safe Travels distinctive are:
1. Puno Region: destination Puno – Lake Titicaca.
2. Cusco Region: Cusco City, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu destinations.
3. Ayacucho Region: Ayacucho destination.
4. San Martin Region: destinations Alto Mayo, Tarapoto and Abiseo.
5. Piura Region: destination Playas del Norte-Piura and Catacaos.
6. Loreto Region: destination Iquitos – Amazon River – Pacaya Samiria National Park.
7. Huanuco Region: destinations Huanuco and Tingo Maria.
8. La Libertad Region: destinations Cascas, Puerto Morin, Malabrigo, Magdalena de Cao, Huanchaco, Pacasmayo, Moche and Trujillo.
9. Amazon Region: destinations Kuelap, Gocta, Chachapoyas – Huancas, Cuispes, Luya – Lamud.
10. Arequipa Region: Arequipa and Colca Valley destinations.
11. Tumbes Region: destination Playas del Norte-Tumbes.
12. Junin Region: destination Central Jungle.
13. Cajamarca Region: destination Cajamarca.
14. Region Pasco: destination Oxapampa.
15. Ica Region: destinations Paracas, Ica and Nasca.
16. Lambayeque Region: destination Lambayeque.
17. Lima Region: destinations Caral – Barranca, Lunahuana.
18. Tacna Region: destination Tacna, Valle Viejo – Miculla.
19. Moquegua Region: destination Moquegua, Capital of sweets and piscos.
20. Madre de Dios Region: Tambopata and Manu destinations.
21. Ancash Region: destinations Cordillera Blanca and Conchucos Sur.
22. Callao Region: Callao destination.
23. Huancavelica Region: destination Huancavelica.
24. Apurimac Region: destination Abancay.
25. Ucayali Region: destination Ucayali “Corredor Centro Oriental”.
26. Metropolitan Lima: destinations Miraflores, Barranco, Lurin and Pachacamac.
– In October 2020, Peru received the Safe Travels Seal from the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). The objective of this distinction is for tourist destinations to be recognized as safe and of high quality.
– “Tourism for Inclusive Growth” is the motto that the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has chosen this year to celebrate World Tourism Day, which is celebrated every September 27.
– In recent weeks, Mincetur presented the initiative “Peru is its regions”, which seeks to stimulate domestic tourism, adding a set of efforts to disseminate the tourist attractions of the country’s regions and ensure compliance with biosafety protocols.
Source and Photo: gob.pe