+51 925 697 941 +51 925 697 941

Entry into the USA

Electronic Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel to the USA

For the entry into the USA exists since 12.01.2009 a registration obligation over the electronic travel authorization system ESTA of the US Ministry of internal security.

The ESTA entry permit is valid for multiple entries, regardless of whether it is a holiday or business trip. The stay may not be longer than 90 days. USA Travelers must pay a fee of US $ 14.00 for the ESTA application. Payment can be made by credit card or PayPal.

Travelers with a valid visa do not need an ESTA permit.

An issued ESTA travel authorization:

  • Every traveler needs a visa, regardless of age.
  • Should be requested no later than 72 hours before departure. ESTA allows registrations until shortly before departure.
  • Is valid for up to two years or until expiry of the passenger’s passport, whichever comes first.
  • Is valid for multiple entries to the United States.
  • Does not create a legal right to enter the United States at an entry point.
  • Costs US $ 14.00

We encourage anyone planning to travel to the United States to apply for entry permission online early and to provide proof of entry permit on the trip.

You can go directly to the ESTA application form here.

For more information, see ESTA: Electronic System for Travel Authorization.

Customs Declaration

Here you can read about the U.S. before your trip. Customs Declaration Form 6059B inform you that you must complete upon entry.

Input of additional APIS data for USA

Airlines are required by law to deliver data to the US authority via the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) on flights to the United States. In addition to the passport data, the following information is required:

  • Country of residence / Country of Residence
  • Full first address during USA stay

For more information about this policy, see APIS: Advance Passenger Information System

German citizens have the opportunity to inform themselves on the page of the German Foreign Office about the current entry requirements.

Alle Angaben gelten ohne Gewähr auf Vollständigkeit und vorbehaltlich behördlicher Änderungen.
Status: July 2018


Entry to Canada

Since November 10, 2016, traveling to Canada requires electronic travel authorization (eTA)!
As reported by the German Evaluation Office, air travelers who do not need a visa must apply for the electronic entry permit (eTA).

The electronic entry permit applies to all travelers from non-US countries traveling by air to or via Canada who do not require a visa to enter. When entering by land or sea, no eTA is required.

The application for the entry permit is made online before traveling to Canada. The application form is available in English and French. To apply you need a valid passport, a credit card and an e-mail address. There is a fee of seven Canadian dollars, about five euros to pay. The entry permit is valid for a maximum of five years from the date of issue or until the expiration date of the specified passport.

Information in German and the link to apply for the eTA can be found on the Government of Canada page.

The entry permit will be electronically linked with the specified passport. The carrying of an expression is not necessary.

German citizens can also get information on the website of the German Foreign Office.

All information is given without guarantee for completeness and subject to changes in the regulations.
Status: July 2018